Thursday, March 5, 2009

Upcoming wedding

I am getting juiced. I get to photograph a wedding this Saturday at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Chicago with my good friend Bob Schueler from Indiana. It's gonna be a lot of fun. I hope to have some images to show early next week.

Bob comes from Indiana to go with me to weddings from time to time. He does it on his own dime because he wants to see what I am doing and learn from it. He works hard on his craft, studying things on-line and trying things out. And he is building a reputation in his own area as a go-to guy for local studios while he builds his own business. This is what it takes.

Speaking of studying, there is a wonderful resource on-line at Kelby Training (www.kelbytraining.com). They have on-line tutorials in Photoshop, Lightroom, lighting, gear, posing, and lots more. For less than $200 a year or $20 a month, you can have a seminar in your own home on you computer. Check it out and give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment